Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Book Review: Patrick Turns His Play Into Pay by Patrick & Shani Muhammad

Title: Patrick Turns His Play Into Pay
Author: Patrick & Shani Muhammad
Publisher: 5 Star Publishing
Pages: 40  
Genre:  Children's Picture Book

The first book in a series, “Patrick Turns His Play Into Pay”, details the journey of an entrepreneur, through the eyes of a child. The book uses vivid illustrations and lively words, to explain the road little Patrick took into the world of entrepreneurship.  It demonstrates the benefits of tapping into your passion early in life.  “Patrick” tapped into his passion of baking to help solve a money problem.  This book also shows the ups and downs of being an entrepreneur.  You witness a 9-year old take the power and control of his future into his own hands. You also see what happens when “Patrick” finds help in a friend, to help grow his business. Above all, this book motivates both young and young at heart and serves as a reminder that we all have the ability to turn our playdays into paydays.

For More Information

Sold exclusively at the authors’ website!

 

Book Review:

I absolutely loved this cute children's book and the reason is that as a parent, you know that life lessons taught young encourages the child to grow into a productive and self-sufficient adult. When I was young, I really didn't have any mentors to speak of but my situation (dirt poor) did instill a longing in me to find ways to make money. In Patrick Turns His Play Into Pay, Patrick takes his love for making pies into quite a lucrative little business for a child. Back in the day when I was a little tyke, I was the same way - selling Kool-Aid, putting on shows and charging a nickel. So, I know where Patrick is coming from. He has his kid needs and finds a way to take care of them. I don't think I've ever come across a children's picture book that teaches children to be self-sufficient and come up with ideas on how to make money. Children nowadays need this. They need to grow up into self-sufficient human beings (I can't stress this enough) and this book fulfills that. It's about time a book comes out for kids that shows them that it's not all about video games and having things handed to them on a silver platter. Very very impressed with this.

I loved this book and give it 5 rainbows.



No comments:

Post a Comment